NAMI Franklin County
Click below or contact NAMI Franklin County for additional information and resources on becoming a NAMI volunteer.
National Alliance on Mental Illness
Want to make a difference in someone's life? Sign up today to volunteer for NAMI Franklin County! See our list of opportunities below then print and send us the volunteer form on this page.
As a non-profit organization made up of volunteers, we are always looking for new member volunteers. Listed below are some of the areas where your help can make a big difference in the lives of so many! Simply contact our office at 614-501-6264 or email Program Coordinator, Jewel Golphin at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know how you would like to help out.
Below are opportunities that NAMI FC has needs for from time-to-time. Once your completed application is received you will be added to our volunteer contact list to receive emails or calls as volunteers are needed. Not all opportunities are available year-round.
- Administrative: prepare mailings, make phone calls.
- Advocacy, Legislative and Policy Issues: write letters, make phone calls, participate in rallies, meet with lobbyists.
- Education/Training: complete training and serve as a co-teacher for Family-to-Family, NAMI Basics or Peer-to-Peer classes.
- NAMIWalk: coordinate and help out on day of event.
- NAMIWalk Fundraising: contact companies to secure corporate sponsorships.
- Newsletter: write an article or a book review for the newsletter.
- NAMI Outreach: Distribute materials to medical facilities clinics, doctors' offices, hospitals, etc. Tell your story to groups, universities, etc.
- Booth Display: Set up and represent NAMI at community health fairs, etc.
- Hospital Outreach: A team of two family members meet with families and patients to provide information about NAMI and provide an overview of classes, support groups and services that are available.